> October 11th marks the 2nd anniversary of my daughter Kendi's death. A nurse's mistake took her life at the age of 20. The job of this father was to protect her [she was severely handicapped] and I failed. Oh, how I miss her.
 

Another Redskin Sunday

[October 13th] -- One of the nice things about having a father who was a top-notch photographer was having a great many quality pictures of yourself to look back on years later. One of the drawbacks, however was being staged so that the pictures "looked better."

This picture was taken December, 1969, in our apartment in Falls Church, Virginia. I was watching the Redskins - Vikings football game and my father was "playing" with his cameras, changing lenses, clicking the shutter, and generally being bored. I was, as always, laying on the floor and watching the game, wearing a ratty t-shirt and my gym shorts. My dad, seeing a good picture possibility, had me put on my school clothes, comb my hair, and sit on the hassock. It took him about 15 minutes to set it up to where he liked the shot. *SNAP* -- and he was done. I missed most of the 3rd quarter -- luckily, the Redskins prevailed and I was able to enjoy the rest of the day.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?