> October 11th marks the 2nd anniversary of my daughter Kendi's death. A nurse's mistake took her life at the age of 20. The job of this father was to protect her [she was severely handicapped] and I failed. Oh, how I miss her.
 

How I View Blogging


How I View Blogging

This picture reflects my view of blogging ... with my fee up on the desk. No. Seriously. Blogging is [in my view] the most important outgrowth of the internet. Sure, the internet changed how we live our lives, make our money, and see our position within the global world. But blogging has done more to change who we are as individuals. To this point, the only people who cared what we as unique humans believed were our closest friends and relatives. Now, with the blog, people we will never meet, and likely will never communicate with, are reading and analyzing our thoughts. I have five blogs that range in context from sports to politics. Right now, having been publishing less than two months, I am averaging 20+ hits per week. Where do these people come from? I have no idea. Many like what I'm saying, some strongly disagree. But a dialogue remains open between me and the rest of the world.

When I was a young man growing up in D.C., the only news I received was from the "big 3" networks and the couple of radio news networks. There was no differing opinion, no alternative ideas as to the word around me. Because the networks and newspapers usually copied themselves in character and content, and because my beliefs differed from them, I thought myself to me strange and alone in the world. Today, a single key stroke can find thousands of others who share similar values and traditions. Just like that.

Gosh, I love that.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?