> October 11th marks the 2nd anniversary of my daughter Kendi's death. A nurse's mistake took her life at the age of 20. The job of this father was to protect her [she was severely handicapped] and I failed. Oh, how I miss her.
 

It's An 8-Track Flashback


Oops. Don't Ask Me For Investment Advice

Many years back, oh, around 1972 I guess, I decided to save up and by a tape player for my '68 Olds 442. I went to the local Montgomery Wards, and found myself having to make a choice. I could get one of two different systems, both new and relatively untried. I could get the "cassette" system or the "8 track" system. Hmmmm. Let me think. The cassette tape is about 1/10th the size of the 8 track, and plays about 45 minutes per side. The 8 track has to switch from track to track as the tape loop ends, causing a really loud "clunk" noise. Often, this "clunk" comes in the middle of the song. "Bye bye, Miss American pie, drove my Chevy to the" *CLUNK* "levy but the levy was dry." The 8 tracks were a little more expensive [$4.77 at Harmony Hut near 7 Corners shopping center." Hmmmmm. "I'll take the 8 track please" I said to the sales guy. Within three years, 8 track system were no longer made, and cassette tapes continued well into the mid 1990s. So, never, never gamble on my predictions.


Comments:
I was born in Lebanon in 1959, left in Creche' St. Vincent as an orphan.
I am searching for my "birth" parents as the orphanage has no records available to me.
Would you happen to have any suggestions sir?

Thank you for your time,
Faride'
 
please contact me at
cookiez629@gmail.com if you have any way to help me...I am not sickly and wish to meet my Lebanese relatives...thank you again sir.
Faride'
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?