> October 11th marks the 2nd anniversary of my daughter Kendi's death. A nurse's mistake took her life at the age of 20. The job of this father was to protect her [she was severely handicapped] and I failed. Oh, how I miss her.
 

Oh, How I Love Sports Photography

Most any person who loves photography, and who loves sports, would like nothing better than to be able to take photographs of sporting events. When you live in the "big city," however, getting noticed is very hard. When I was in high school, a sports editor for the Northern Virginia Sun came to my high school and asked for a photographer to take photographs at that nights football game. I was lucky enough to get the assignment and did the job.

It was many years later that I got the opportunity to photograph big time college football. I met the new head football coach of Idaho State University, Brian McNeely, at my camera store. He needed a photographer and videographer for his team, and he gave me the job. I followed the team for five seasons, from 1992-1997. These pictures were hardest to take because of the lighting conditions and fast movement, yet football was my favorite sport to shoot. I began taking the pictures for the ISU mens basketball team the following year. In 1993, I was the photographer for the Pocatello Posse of the Pioneer league.

I made only a little bit of money, but made many wonderful and lasting memories. It was a great time for me, combining my love of sports with photography. I hope that one day I get the chance again.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?