> October 11th marks the 2nd anniversary of my daughter Kendi's death. A nurse's mistake took her life at the age of 20. The job of this father was to protect her [she was severely handicapped] and I failed. Oh, how I miss her.
 

Man, This Boy Used To Clean Up Real Good!

Ah, Junior Prom, 1973. The steady girlfriend I had through all of my Junior year, Amber Day of Falls Church High School, dropped me just a few weeks before the prom. I hadn't dated a girl at my high school for two years.

I created a short list of two or three girls, and finally asked a girl by the name of [you're not going to believe this] Fish Gill. Marguriette [Fish] Gill was A fresman who lived at the Chateaux Apartments near the 7-corners Shopping Center. We were friends, and had no "feelings" for one another. I didn't want to stay home, and she wanted to be the only freshman at the prom. It worked out well for both of us.

I hardly remember a thing about the night. I have no clue where we ate dinner, and the prom itself was at something like an Eagles Lodge. I took her home and she gave me a quick kiss and that was that.

It beat sitting home and watching Sanford and Son, but just barely.

Comments:
Great blog... tell me about your visits to India.. when did you come here? any plans to visit again?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?