> October 11th marks the 2nd anniversary of my daughter Kendi's death. A nurse's mistake took her life at the age of 20. The job of this father was to protect her [she was severely handicapped] and I failed. Oh, how I miss her.
 

A Relaxing Saturday, 1980 Style

Oh gosh, I was so young. This picture was taken driving along Interstate 15, somewhere between Ogden and Layton. Most Saturdays, Tracey and I would drive to her parent's house and spend a few hours there. The hat says "Tylan," which was a drug sold to veterinarians. I was working at the time for Interwest Vet Supply in Ogden.

Tracey had returned from Naval basic training in Orlando a few months before, and new plans had to be made. I was going to go back to college while Tracey served as a Physicians Assistant in the Navy, but they found her ear problems just before she concluded her basic training, and was released from duty.

In another month, I would find a job in the accounting department at Zions Bank in Salt Lake City. We moved form a somewhat rundown home in Ogden to a beautiful apartment in Salt Lake City, near Trolley Square. That was one of the happier times in my life.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?