> October 11th marks the 2nd anniversary of my daughter Kendi's death. A nurse's mistake took her life at the age of 20. The job of this father was to protect her [she was severely handicapped] and I failed. Oh, how I miss her.
 

View From Our Back Door, 1959


My Backyard in Beirut [circa 1959]

I lived in a apartment house in Beirut. It faced the Mediterranean sea [I can't remember how close it was to the ocean] and the picture above shows the back yard. The coastline of Beirut looked very much like any other large, cosmopolitin city in Europe. But once you began to take the back roads however, it had a taste and feel of the backwardness of the Middle East of that time.

I remember that the women didn't like having their pictures taken; my Father would have to hide and snap his shutter before they could react. See the woman who just noticed my Father? She wasn't too happy with him.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?